About Me

My photo
hey, we're the ballards! kevin, annie, rhet, and i are loving the southern life here in atlanta, georgia. kevin has a great job as a busy orthopedic physician assistant and i have put my speech-language pathology career on hold for now so i can be at home with my little miss and little man. enjoy our blog, ya'll!

February 14, 2012

all you need is love...

...and a cute little 2-year old named annie mae.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyndi! Just found out about your mom--so sorry... and scarry!--hope she is doing well. She's in my thoughts and prayers! Just seeking come "professional adivce" from a SLP. My soon-to-be-4-year-old still "rolls" his Rs and Ls. Most of the time when he focuses on his Ls he can say them (more with a tongue thrust "th" than a true "L" sound) but he's "lazy" 80% of the time. He still sucks his thumb so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with teeth, palatte, texture issues he may still be having. Not sure if I should be worried or if he'll figure things out eventually and I'm too impatient;) Hope the last little bit of your pregnancy is going well. Boys are the best! Well, I'm a little biased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Brooke! if you read this email me at lyndibb@gmail.com and I will give you the run down on the speech issues. a very BRIEF answer is that errors with /r/ and /l/ at this age are still developmentally appropriate. in fact most schools won't even begin treatment for a mis-articulated /r/ until the child is 8. the tongue thrust and thumb-sucking can be a whole other discussion. email me and i'll give more details and information:) it's too long for a blog post.

      Delete